We hope to get newsletters round to all volunteers before Christmas and there’s plenty of news to report. However here’s advance warning of an important get together in January. Amongst other things…..
1) we have four new volunteers who are looking forward to meeting our founder volunteers and learning more about helping their neighbours
2) we need the input of all volunteers to plan our first fund raising event
3) we’d like to get some provisional meeting dates in our diaries for the whole of 2013 so we have a plan for the year
4) we have some good news on funding – we’re 25% of the way to funding our operational costs for 2013 thanks to Kesgrave Town Council and The Suffolk Foundation has very kindly awarded us a grant for a specific project which will help us get better known in Kesgrave and reach more neighbours needing help
5) we’ve come across some exciting new organisations that will also help our community and assist us in signposting Kesgrave residents to other sources of help
The meeting starts at 12 noon and, this time, is in The Bowl’s Pavilion, next to the main Community Centre buildings. The entrance is opposite the tennis courts and you can park right next to it on the Grange Farm side of the Community Centre, or just a short walk away on the Bell Lane side of KWMCC. We expect to be finished by 1 30, latest.
Any Kesgrave resident who’d like to consider joining up as a volunteer is welcome to come along for the first fifteen minutes of the meeting. We’ll give you a volunteer card to take away which allows you to choose what sort of help you want to give and roughly when you might be available, we’ll tell you a little more about the scheme and, if you like what you hear, we can explain the very simple next steps.
Remember that it’s also the third Saturday of the month so you can drop into Kesgrave monthly market on your way to the meeting!